What a wonderful opening night my friends and I got to experience last night!!! The show went quite well but in the aftermath of the performance we started doing a little bit of reflecting and the things we realized were remarkable:
- First rehearsal was on January 17th
- We only had 16 total rehearsals
- Of those 16 rehearsals we NEVER had the whole cast together
- 4 of those rehearsals we did with a guest director
- We did our Cue to Cue rehearsals without our light board operator
- We had a stage manager for the first 11 rehearsals but not the last 5 and not for the run of the show.
- The first time we ran the show with the entire cast was the opening night performance…
Not to be excluded are things like some of our ensemble members went above and beyond with contributions to costume, props and set work. On Saturday night one of the ensemble will be stepping in to play the role of Inigo Montoya. Our Count Rugen is also running the sound for the show. We are going to end up meeting our ticket sales goal and make money for Edge Youth Theatre…The list just goes on and on. I know that I want to work with all of these people again in the future and I hope that it happens. Another sold out show tonight and hopefully we will sell the last few tickets for Sunday to make it a sold out run! To all those who see the show and to all those who took the time to look at my website, as you wish.